As we look back on the homes we have built over the years, it is safe to say that trends come in and out of style quite quickly. After reviewing our homes sold over the past year, we were able to narrow down some of the most popular selections being made in 2019.
TOP 3 INTERIOR SELECTIONS CHOSEN
- Prosecco Cabinets - Ever since we introduced this new color in early 2019, we have found that homeowners have had an instant love for it. It is a very soft and slightly off-white color, which lends itself perfectly to the white trend that we see so often. Prosecco cabinets aren’t as stark white as our other cabinet color (Glacier White) and it introduces the perfect amount of modernism while keeping the aesthetic soft, light, and not too harsh.
- Marble Floors - Marble was a HUGE hit in 2019. It was easily selected by at least 60% of our homeowners, and for good reason! While marble can look very high-end, most of the selections can be chosen for an extremely reasonable price point. The added polish finish really accentuates and brings a space to life, while making it look and feel luxurious. It is also a style that is very classic, and one that won’t easily date itself.
- Subway Tile - Similar to the marble trend, subway tile is something that will never go out of style nor will it ever be something you’d get sick of. It is clean, classic, timeless and the perfect amount of both contemporary and traditional. Throughout the year, we continuously got new selections of subway tile that incorporated fun twists such as beveled edging, wavy textures, metallics and multicolor - all while maintaining their classic linear size.
TOP SELLING MODELS
- Carbon – The Carbon was our top selling model of 2019 and for good reason. The open concept layout is incredibly functional for growing families and we have designed several custom modules that homeowners can choose to make the home their own.
- Champion – The Champion was our promo home for this past year and countless families have chosen to make this model their home. The main floor den can be converted into a bedroom making it an ideal option for larger multi-generational families.
- Lavoy - Our Lavoy model combines some of the best elements from our various homes including an open main floor that is perfect for entertaining. The upper floor includes various useful spaces such as a built-in desk area and a spacious laundry room that connects directly into the master closet.
TOP MODULES CHOSEN
- Secondary Suite – Following the opening of our new showhomes in Livingston, several homeowners were inspired to build a secondary suite of their own. Not only does this option give you a fully developed basement, but it provides the opportunity to rent this suite out to help supplement your mortgage payments.
- 3-Storey Loft – Our beautiful new showhome in Cranston’s Riverstone showcase a desirable third story loft that provides incredible views of the community. This space has been used by home buyers as a master bedroom, office or study, or just a fun entertaining space.
- Working Kitchen – These ‘bonus’ kitchens are becoming increasingly popular for those who like to cook and entertain often. Not only do they provide a secondary preparation space, but they help to minimize odours when cooking since you can shut the door and ventilate that room on its own.